WATERFRONT INNOVATION CENTRE
SUPPORT FOR NEW ENTERPRISES AND BUSINESS THROUGH COWORKING, NETWORKING AND TRAINING
Introduction to the Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre
The Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre (IWIC) has been established by the University of Suffolk as a focal point for developing new collaborations between businesses and the University. Key research areas at the University include; Computer Science and Informatics, Health and Biological Sciences, Social Policy (including Social Work, Business Management and Heritage, Education, History and Sport and Exercise Science.
The IWIC can also support new enterprises, businesses and projects by providing coworking space, networking, training all within the recently refurbished The Atrium near Ipswich Waterfront. Business facilities are co-located with state-of-the-art STEM facilities (including access to 3D printers and scanners). The IWIC will be a driver of innovation and growth among local entrepreneurs, innovators, students, graduates and academic staff. The IWIC will provide local entrepreneurs with the facilities to support growth, without the need to travel to the technology clusters outside of the region. The IWIC will also have great links with digital clusters in Norwich, London and Cambridge.
Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Network (IWIN)
The IWIC is also home to a new networking group - the Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Network (IWIN). This will capitalise on Ipswich’s recognition within the 2016 Tech Nation report as one of the UK’s leading technology clusters and make a step change in the support available for innovation and growth. The IWIC will additionally begin to realise one of the ambitions within the New Anglia Local Economic Partnership (NALEP) Strategic Economic Plan, as the first step towards the development of a more ambitious incubation facility.
The IWIN offers free membership for local businesses and innovators, students, graduates, University of Suffolk alumni or those looking to start a business.
All Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Network (IWIN) members benefit from the opportunity to receive information about our business events and networking sessions, gain access to the café, free Wi-Fi, regular newsletters and access to a network of peers and mentors.
Business Membership (£75 +VAT per month) Student/Graduate (£50 + VAT per month)
If you’d like to join an entrepreneurial and innovative community and make use of the excellent facilities and resources we have here at the Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre, take a look at our business membership. This membership is designed to provide you with affordable access to high value strategic and business support in a cost effective way.
Business Membership includes:
- Access to hot-desking, bookable meeting rooms, printing facilities, wi-fi, broadband access and cafe within the business facing university environment of the University of Suffolk campus on Ipswich Waterfront
- Access to high-end facilities including the University of Suffolk STEM Centre (and 3D Printer)
- Support with finding appropriate funding and developing proposals to access Finance
- Access to peers and mentors through a full programme of training and events and an entrepreneurship development programme
- Access to highly skilled university interns and placement students
- Opportunities for part funded Research and Innovation Collaborations and knowledge transfer projects to develop not only your products and services for market but also your internal business innovations
- Signposting to advice and support from a range of organisations supporting innovation and growth in Suffolk and beyond
- Opportunities for bi annual meetings with senior academic staff and Innovation Mentors
- Listing on the IWIC business directory
Corporate and partner membership is available for interested parties wishing to support the development of the Centre.
Please contact us if you would like a tour of the facilities or to discuss your needs and our offer. If you are interested in joining our emergent innovation community and are thinking about developing your entrepreneurial skills or even starting up a business yourself contact:
E: iwic@UoS.ac.uk P: 01473 338621 or visit iwic.co.uk
01473 338 621