Recipe Of The Month | Moroccan
Packed full of protein (to keep you fuller for longer), tasty flavours and hidden veg (great for fussy kids!), this simple, delicious recipe serves 4 people – perfect for busy families – or freeze portions for an easy midweek meal that requires no prep. The recipe can easily be halved too, if you fancy a smaller batch.
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs, diced
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 3tbsp tagine paste (widely available in supermarkets)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g giant cous cous
1. Heat oil in a large pan and gently fry onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add diced chicken and fry until browned on the outside. Add tagine paste and bell peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, spinach, lemon juice and honey, and crumble in the stock cube. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Fill one empty tomato can with water and add to the pan, and then simmer for 25-30 minutes on a medium/low heat.
4. Add the giant cous cous to the pan with a little more water if necessary and cover, simmering for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Add a handful of chopped mixed olives for heart-healthy fats.
- Throw in some almonds for a nutty, crunchy addition!
- This recipe can also be slow cooked for even easier eating!