Thai-style Beef Salad
- 300g leftover roast beef, cut into thin strips
- 300g rice noodles
- 1 head of Chinese leaf
- 2 tomatoes
- 200g cucumber, middle scooped out
- 1 red pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- Fresh coriander to serve
- For the dressing:
- 1tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10ml soy sauce
1. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions and set aside.
2. Cut the Chinese leaf into thin strips and place in a bowl. Cut the tomatoes into wedges and add to leaf.
3. Cut the cucumber into approx. 8cm long strips and add to bowl.
4. Finely dice red pepper, chop spring onions and add all vegetables to cooked noodles.
5. For the dressing, add the lime juice to the sugar and stir until dissolved, then add soy sauce.
6. Fry the beef strips in the hot oil for a few minutes until browned, then drain on kitchen towel.
7. Place the beef strips on the noodles, add the dressing, and garnish with torn coriander leaves to serve.