Who Knew? A Detailed Look At Ipswich Haven Marina
Ipswich Haven Marina was officially opened at a ceremony in July 2000 by Sir Robin Knox-Johnston when he predicted that “Ipswich Haven Marina will fast become the star attraction on the east coast”.
The management team is confident that it has maximised its “attraction” and can now be proud, that after recent extension, it has 320 berths and 30 dedicated visitor berths - that attract around 2000 visiting yachts annually to the marina.
FACTS & STATS
THE YACHT HARBOUR "GOLD ANCHOR AWARD" SCHEME
The Marina has been holder of the top award of 5 gold anchors since 2005.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Facilities for marina customers, include high quality toilets and showers which are situated in three locations in and around the marina. The marina office building also houses a berth holders launderette. Trollies are available at all access bridges to the pontoons. A second launderette can be found at the shower block adjacent to the "Prince Philip" lock gates.
• 75 tonne WISE boat hoist
• MBT 25 Boat mover
• Storage ashore
• Easy access and generous manoeuvring space between all 320 berths
• Range of berths lengths up to 20 metres
• Picnic area with tables
• All berths are fully serviced
• Recycling and refuse facilities, waste oil and battery disposal
• Large car parks
• Security gates with electronic key pads
• Security barrier & Security fence
• The Marina is fully covered with security patrols and comprehensive CCTV